I got a new sweater today. Finally, a sweater that truly represents who I am. Bad ass!
Mom doesn’t usually do these things so I will tell you five things about mom that you don’t know.
1) Mom hates the smell of baby powder but enjoys the smell of skunk on a warm summer night.
2) Mom doesn’t eat our fishie friends. It’s her way of not supporting overfishing, questionable techniques and bi catch.
3) Mom has some animals she refuses to paint unless by commission. They are wolves, eagles, horses and tigers. She says everyone paints those, it’s been done.
4) Mom has a life size meerkat with two pups tattooed on her right leg. She also has a large tattoo of Ren and Stimpy on a rocket in space on her left thigh. She put that one on herself.
5) Mom has slept with a stuffed Garfield since she was 4 years old. When the Garfield was about to fall apart, she found the exact same one on eBay to replace it. The old Garfield now guards the bed.
Hi Morpheus’ person! You can get a sweater through Katie Bradley at Mossy Tortoise. Here is her Etsy store.
Having grown up with an artist and spent much time at art shows, I know good art when I see it. This sculpture in particular speaks to me. Very nice!
We’re writing Christmas cards this week! Will we be getting one from you?
Waffles & Mango
332 Cundles Rd. E.
If you send one to us, we will send one back to you!
We put this in the post today! Hopefully the postal service does a better job of delivering it to Waffles and Mango than it did delivering Samwise’s Halloween package. (Waffles and Mango, please let us know if you don’t get our card in the next two weeks or so!)
So excited to see another Christmas card is on the way! We will be sending return cards this weekend!
positivethinkingforlosers replied to your post:
“Hey Waffles! Your mom is so talented!! Zoya’s humom was wondering if your mom knows a friend of hers (whose an abstract painter and shows in Toronto a lot) and thinks she saw some of your moms work at a show last year? hmm.”
Hi Zoya! Mom knows a lot of artists in Ontario since she does a lot of shows in different cities. Who is your art friend? Also this is mom’s website, she paints lots of pretty animals.