I figured out what you forgot to do this summer Mango. You forgot to grow!
Lazy day today. Enjoying basking under the lamp in my spacious hole I have dug. Nothing is going to get me moving today. Except maybe dandies.
Hello! I also recieved an message to post 10 things about me so I will do two messages at once :}
1) My favourite foods are dandies, cactus, hibiscus, clover, watermelon, pumpkin, plantain, brussel sprouts and fresh grass. My favourite forbidden foods I’m not allowed to have but that doesn’t stop me from trying are toast and dog poo.
2) My current indoor home is a bookcase filled with soil and reptibark. Mom grows grass in it for the winter so we can graze.
3) My hatchday is January 10, 2013. Mango is one year older than me.
4) I love soft things. I cuddle with sloth and hippo but mom tucks me in every night with my fleece blanket. I also like pillows.
5) I am mom’s first ever reptile. Her mom is terrified of most reptiles so she wasn’t allowed to have any as pets. Grandmom loves me and Mango though.
6) I live with two humans (mom & dad), three dogs (Bailey, Molly & Beans), one cat (Ewan) and Mango of course.
7) I am a sulcata tortoise which is the third largest tortoise in the world. I will get to be around 100 lbs. Currently I am 4 1/2 pounds.
8) I have gone through the McDonalds drive through a number of times and have successfully shut down all production while everyone admired me. Mom ordered me a side salad. I have also been to Walmart and the grocery store but no one even knew!
9) I got more Christmas cards than mom did last year. I got ones from Australia, Germany, England and all over the states. I love getting mail!
10) I had a gurgly belly today and farted kind of loud. Mango didn’t approve.
It sounds like you are a very good mom indeed! I just finished watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix. It was super scary and I tucked my head into my shell a few times. Good thing I have sloth to keep me safe.
Today I put on my best dinosaur face and trimmed our napping hosta. Mom calls this pose “veggiesaurus”.
We will definately follow Cornelius!
Spent today helping mom with the mail. May have even slipped in a few items of our own. Mail is so much fun!
Another nice day and breakfast outside. Mom says we need to enjoy every day out possible since she’s pretty sure that winter will come early this year. She even mentioned getting our indoor pen ready for our long stay inside. Sounds like I may have to take the car for a joyride down south!
will-oh-whisper replied to your post:
“hey waffles! i was wondering, who takes care of you and mango, and takes cute photos of you when your mom is away?”
Hi Will-oh! When mom’s away, dad takes care of us. Sometimes he sends picture to mom of what we’re up to. Mom’s not going away for a while now though so we will get spoiled every day!