Thank you so much! We love to make our friends happy. Big tortie kisses!
Dad mowed the lawn today so we got fresh lawn clippings for breakfast. Pulled from the ground and already half chewed, lawn clippings are a lazy tort’s dream buffet.
Hello! Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to fix a pyramided shell. All you can do is give your tort the right needs and stop it from progressing and getting worse.
Hello friend! Pyramiding is most definately not good for a tortie. It adds extra weight to their shell, puts pressure on our organs and is a big sign of unhealthiness. My shell is not pyramided but I do have very small bumps but nothing to be concerned about. It’s not very often we see a captive and mainly indoors tort with a perfectly round shell. Mango on the other hand has a badly pyramided shell because she wasn’t properly taken care of for the first two years of her life. He shell is hard and growing much better but she will always have her bumps.
Beans! There are donuts in here! Let’s bust them out before mom catches us!
(Note: mom caught us before noms were had)
Lazy day today. Enjoying basking under the lamp in my spacious hole I have dug. Nothing is going to get me moving today. Except maybe dandies.
Hello! I also recieved an message to post 10 things about me so I will do two messages at once :}
1) My favourite foods are dandies, cactus, hibiscus, clover, watermelon, pumpkin, plantain, brussel sprouts and fresh grass. My favourite forbidden foods I’m not allowed to have but that doesn’t stop me from trying are toast and dog poo.
2) My current indoor home is a bookcase filled with soil and reptibark. Mom grows grass in it for the winter so we can graze.
3) My hatchday is January 10, 2013. Mango is one year older than me.
4) I love soft things. I cuddle with sloth and hippo but mom tucks me in every night with my fleece blanket. I also like pillows.
5) I am mom’s first ever reptile. Her mom is terrified of most reptiles so she wasn’t allowed to have any as pets. Grandmom loves me and Mango though.
6) I live with two humans (mom & dad), three dogs (Bailey, Molly & Beans), one cat (Ewan) and Mango of course.
7) I am a sulcata tortoise which is the third largest tortoise in the world. I will get to be around 100 lbs. Currently I am 4 1/2 pounds.
8) I have gone through the McDonalds drive through a number of times and have successfully shut down all production while everyone admired me. Mom ordered me a side salad. I have also been to Walmart and the grocery store but no one even knew!
9) I got more Christmas cards than mom did last year. I got ones from Australia, Germany, England and all over the states. I love getting mail!
10) I had a gurgly belly today and farted kind of loud. Mango didn’t approve.
It sounds like you are a very good mom indeed! I just finished watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix. It was super scary and I tucked my head into my shell a few times. Good thing I have sloth to keep me safe.